I am super excited to announce the launch of the Above and Beyond Awards!
Children and young people who are bright beyond their years do not always receive the support they need or appropriate recognition for their achievements in the face of barriers. These inaugural awards celebrate the parents, teachers, support staff and other professionals in the UK who go ‘above and beyond’ to help exceptional young people achieve their high learning potential, regardless of age or background. They also celebrate the achievements of children and young people in the UK, ‘above and beyond’ expectation for their age, who help in the wider community or are overcoming challenges in order to excel.
The Above and Beyond Awards celebrate those who have:
• recognised a need in the support of children and young people with high learning potential / dual or multiple exceptionality (high learning potential together with a disability or learning difficulty)
• developed strategies or resources to help support children and young people within education and the community
• shared their knowledge and experience with others to further the development of children of high learning potential or dual or multiple exceptionality
• continue to develop and plan for the future.
The Awards have been made possible by the support of the following organisations and individuals passionate about children and young people with high learning potential and dual or multiple exceptionality:
• GT Voice
• nisai group
• The OT Company (that’s me!)
• Potential Plus UK
• The Potential Trust and Questors
The award categories and criteria can be seen at https://www.potentialplusuk.org/index.php/above-and-beyond-awards/. Note that there is a specific award for the most inspirational therapist (OT / Physio / Educational Psychologist). The deadline for submissions is 5pm on Friday 11th January 2019 and the Awards Ceremony will be held during the afternoon of Monday 11th February 2019. Any queries from nominators should be sent to email@example.com.